Makeover week! I was still pretty productive this week, I painted my basement hallway, made over my mousepads and tote bag, and now i’m preparing to learn how to sew. I just wish crafting wasn’t so expensive, there’s so many pretty things to make if you have the money. I’m just scavenging ebay for $1/yd fabrics and searching around thrift shops and dollar stores because craft stores are pricey. I guess since i’m being so crafty for now, i’ll post little tutorials.
Quick tote bag printing tutorial:
I took a canvas tote bag that I had previously wrote all over in fabric pen and decided to cover up all of my embarrassing teenage ramblings about my love for blink-182.
- freezer paper
- fabric ink
- canvas tote bag
- exacto blade
- Have an idea of what a design. I went simple and printed off the the word bag in the font rockwell on plain printer paper. Then I traced it onto freezer paper, you could just draw whatever you want on freezer paper.
- Take your exacto knife and cut out whatever you want to be colored in on the freezer paper. I cut a big circle out of my paper so I could get a big black circle then I cut out each of the letters.
- Position everything onto the bag and iron the freezer paper (with the glossy side against the fabric) onto the bag until it sticks and doesn’t move.
- Squirt fabric ink all over and brush the paint evenly everywhere. Be careful around the letters so that you don’t accidentally peel off the freezer paper.
- Wait about 2 hours for it to dry and peel off the freezer paper with your fingers. (I was impatient and waited for one hour, it was okay)
- Voila! You have a pretty bag now.