Happy World Nutella Day everyone! Let’s celebrate.
• 1/2 cup plain flour
• 8 tbsp caster sugar
• 4 tbsp cocoa powder
• 2 eggs
• 80g melted butter
• 3 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
• 2 tbsp Nutella (slightly melted)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
1. Place all the ingredients in a medium to large whisking bowl and whisk on medium until all mixed through. You can also attempt this using a spoon and your hands, but it’s a lot harder to do this way.
2. Fill 4 ramekins or mugs with batter (to about less than half full).
3. Microwave on high for roughly 2 minutes each or until puffy, keeping a close eye on them as different microwaves have varying strengths.
4. Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream or cream on top.
DIY UPDATED Victoria’s Secret Beach Cover Up and Other Cover Ups Tutorial, FAQs and Patterns from La Vie en Rose here. This was one of my most popular summer posts here and Auna has kindly made a FAQ page with patterns for her cover ups to make them easier to construct (plus links to all the past beach cover up tutorials). *Please note bloggers are NOT allowed to post the patterns - it steals views away from La Vie en Rose’s site and she’s a friend of mine.
- Top Photo: $49.50 (not available anymore) Victoria’s Secret Beach Cover Up here (my post because no longer on VS site).
- Classic or Victoria’s Secret Beach Cover Up Knockoff DIY by La Vie en Rose.
- Halter Beach Wrap DIY by La Vie en Rose.
- No Sew Pareo Beach Wrap DIY by La Vie en Rose.
- High Back Beach Wrap DIY by La Vie en Rose.
Daywear Black Eyeliner
Black eyeliner can be a bit jarring during the day sometimes. Especially for those with light hair or fair skin. But black eyeliner also gives the most definition to the eyes! What’s a girl to do?! Here’s a fool-proof way to make sure your eyes are nicely defined but not over done during the day!
- Load up your brush. Make sure you don’t overload it, we want the edge sharp!
- Your brush should look “flat” and loaded evenly with product like this!
- Lay the brush flat on (parallel to) your lashline! Your lashes will be your guide to ensure a straight line. Rest the brush gently on them, we want the liner almost into the lashline.
- Press the brush toward your lashline, the product will leave a “dash” of liner. Move slightly over and repeat.
- Keep moving inward with your brush and reload with liner as necessary.
- Once you’ve reached the inner corner you’re done! This is basically connect the dots…or dashes! See how the subtly lined eye on the left looks more defined and wide open?! Go ahead and repeat this process on the other eye.